The Airbag deployment system
- The unit is connected to the vehicles electronic control unit or individual airbags to deploy them.
- The operator can then use the tool at a safe distance to deploy all the airbags and seatbelt pretensioners.
- This meets the requirements of the End of Life Vehicle Directive which states that all airbags must be deployed or removed for neutralisation prior to shredding.
- Airbags need to be deployed prior to shredding as they contain an explosive called Sodium Azide which is highly toxic.
The Benefits of the Vortex airbag deployment tool
- All parts are reusable so once you have our equipment there is no need to buy expensive connectors for each car.
- All airbags and seat belt pretensioners can be deployed at the push of a button, saving you time and making your ELV operation more efficient.
- Rechargeable deployment control unit does not have to be plugged in to the mains whilst it is operated.
- Its robust construction means it is suitable for use in the harsh environment of a scrap or salvage yard.
- The equipment is easy to use with only three connections to make.
- It is supplied in its own rugged aluminium carry case to store the kit when not in use.
- Deploys both AC and DC airbags.
- Full training courses are available for all your operators.
Why do customers buy the Vortex airbag deployment system?
- Compliance with the ELV Directive legislation.
- Safer for operators, as they are away from the vehicle when the airbag is deployed.
- By protecting operatives it reduces the chance of legal action or action by the HSE.
- Safety key ensures only the operator with the key can use the tool.
- No one else can inadvertently set off the airbag.
- A loud warning buzzer sounds to warn anyone in the area of a potential deployment